Residential OFSTED 26 - 28 February 2019
The Care Team are delighted to have an overall grading of OUTSTANDING from OFSTED this year. Please take the time to read the whole report (link through the ‘About Us’ section). However, a summary of key findings are:
This residential special school is outstanding because:
- pupils settle quickly and make very good progress
- boarding is a valued and integral part of the school’s operation
- leaders and managers are inspirational and they have created a collaborative team that focuses on holistically meeting pupils’ needs
- the staff understand pupils’ needs very well and meet these effectively
- staff consistently and rigorously share the accountability for safeguarding and protecting pupils
- systems support the staff to identify, monitor and act well on welfare and safeguarding concerns.
A paragraph from the report:
Pupils’ needs are understood and planned for well. One parent said that the difference in her child since he came here last year ‘is phenomenal’ and ‘he is a much happier child’. Another parent said that she could not quite believe that the son who came here five years ago is doing GCSEs and is going to the college of his choice later this year. They both attributed their child’s improvement to the support that boarding staff had given.