The happiness and well-being of students at Sunnydown is very important. However, from time to time as a student you may have things that make you unhappy about school, or about things outside which could be affecting your school life. We want you to have a way to raise your worries and get the support you need. The four steps below should help:
- If you have a worry with a particular lesson, you should raise that with the teacher or teaching assistant in that lesson.
- If you have a more general concern about teaching or the school day, then the best place to start is with your form tutor or form teaching assistant.
- If you have a concern about boarding then you should speak to any of the care staff.
- If you really don’t feel comfortable with the above steps, then ask to speak to Mr Lord and raise your concerns with him, or speak to any member of staff who will help you get the support you need.
When you speak to anyone about your concern or worry you should expect the member of staff to
- Listen to your concern, asking for more information if needed
- If possible, resolve your concern immediately
- Follow up your concern if needed, keeping you informed
- Make sure that anyone else who takes up your concern sees it through
- We believe that the best way to learn is in a friendly and supportive environment.
We believe that the best way to learn is in a friendly and supportive environment. Remember, all the staff at Sunnydown are here for your best interests.